10.11.2013

Iunu




Iunu (pronounced Awanu - meaning Place of Pillars) is my latest card game. Card decks just arrived from Hong Kong and I am very pleased with the boldness of color and richness of the black on the cards.

The game is for 2-4 players and has an ancient Egyptian civilization building theme. The wooden counters on the left in the photo are for the 'de-luxor' edition.

This game really came together in about 20 minutes one night followed by playtesting to refine the design. I've been working a lot lately with minimal artwork in my designs and I like the effect here. The game looks ancient and modern at the same time.

As with all my games I do do research to make sure the thematic elements are correct.

Back to my current design project - Murano - a game about glass blowing on the island of Murano in the 17th century

No comments: